Day-by-day itinerary of Wine Tour
This tour is bookable at certain dates in May/June and July only. Please ask for the dates.
First book/first go. No dates will be held on option. Solid bookings only are accepted.
Maximum group size: 5 persons, only for groups of friends or family.
Day 1: Arrival Zurich
- Arrival at Zurich airport
- Meet & Greet by Carmen Aebi, the owner of SwissSafari GmbH. Private transfer to the Zurich Dolder Grand, THE Hotel to stay at in Zurich.
- Champagne welcome and check-in.
- Rest of the day will be created upon your request and according to the arrival time. The limousine and SwissSafari driver/guide is available for you.
Dinner will be served at the Restaurant “Fine Dining” of The Dolder Grand which offers fresh and innovative gourmet cuisine created by the Chef Heiko Nieder in a stylish atmosphere. The Restaurant has been awarded 17 GaultMillau points and two Michelin stars. In the summer the terrace is open, with views across the city of Zurich, the lake and the Alps.
A 5-course dinner and a selction of wines is included.
Day 2: Zurich – You meet the Wine Sommelier
- Free morning to relax or for shopping (a car and driver/guide is available)
- You meet your wine sommelier before noon in his small but exclusive wine store in Zurich downtown. You get some first information about the wines and can taste some exclusive wines from the Piedmont and the Tuscany wine region.
- More discussions about wine with your personal sommelier at Restaurant Bindella, where can enjoy an excuisite lunch from Piedmontaise specialities and served with some great wines. (Included)
- The afternoon is again free for shopping or for sightseeing with your personal driver/guide who is the full day available and will make best recommendations.
- An excuisite dinner is served at Restaurant Zurich Sein (17 Gault Millau, 1 Michelin Star) in Zurich downtown
4- course with a selection of exlcusive wines
Overnight stay in Zurich
Day 3: Zurich – Ascona
- Have a heavanly breakfast before you check-out.
- In a modern car and with personal driver/guide you have a scenic drive over St. Gotthard pass, offering great views.
- Arrival after noon in the charming town Ascona, which is magnificently set on Lake Maggiore.
- Check-in at luxury resort Eden Roc.
Staying at Eden Roc is pure peace. A private bathing beach, the large panoramic boat landing stage, a luxurious guest room and a veritable Garden of Eden – these have long been the “heavenly” components of the Eden Roc. Since spring 2010, the welcome has even been twice as heavenly since it includes the newly opened Eden Roc Marina as well as the new Eden Roc Spa where they celebrate relaxation inspired by the floral diversity of Ticino and the colours of Lake Maggiore.
All of this plus the multifaceted range of culinary creations served in the four restaurants, accoladed with a total of 44 points, makes them the proud winner of the GaultMillau “Hotel of the Year 2010” award.
- A late lunch will be served at one of the restaurants of the Hotel and is included.
- Free time for shopping and at your leisure in the beautiful old town, called Borgo of Ascona or visit by boat the Brissago Islands, with it’s beautiful botanical Garden. Your driver/guide is available.
- In the evening you will experience a one of-a-kind dinner highlight at the In-place „Seven“. The restaurant had been rised by Ivo Adam, a talented chef, patissier and manager of Ristorante Seven. His youth and freshness make him a figurehead of the Swiss gastronomy scene. Ivo Adam has cooked himself numerous national and international awards. He is one of the most creative chefs and one who also knows how to put himself in the spotlight outside the kitchen. The Seven restaurant is an oases for the senses, places of pleasure, for meeting people and having fun. Exclusive cuisine, wine culture, architecture, ambiance, sound design and the incomparable lakeside location create a modern overall experience par excellence.
Overnight stay at Ascona
Day 4: Ascona – Piedmont with Dani Calvi
- Morning check-out.
- You will meet your personal Sommelier who will lead you to the best wine regions in the Piedmont, the Alba and Roero wine area. The transfer is in a modern limousine or van with private driver.
- Lunch in a Restaurant near Asti and which is included.
- In the afternoon you check-in at a luxury resort Il Boscareto Resort & Spa in the wine region of Alba. Style and space predominate the 38 Luxury rooms and suites of this Resort, the attention to detail shines through in all areas: the fusion of comfort and aesthetics; it is a place of pure beauty, of culture and a culinary richness. From Italy, From Piemonte, From the Langhe to your clients. Framed in 32 hectares of vineyards amongst winding hills, small villages and Medieval Castles surround Il Boscareto Resort & Spa. The taste of this resort is modern and the design is sought after, these are what characterize the Resort that dominate the splendid hillside of the same namesake.
- Visit of a wine maker nearby the Hotel with tasting of some Barbera wines
- Fine dining in the Hotels restaurant La Rei.
5-course dinner with selected wines
Overnight stay at Il Boscareto
Day 5: Piedmont – visit of the winery of Gianfranco Alessandria and Poderi Aldo Conterno
- You meet in the morning your sommelier for a very exclusive visit of the winery of Gianfrianco Allessandria, a good friend of Dani. The winery is situated in the Monforte d’Alba, a small village in the Barolo area.
The cellar owns 5,5 hectares of vineyards and rents 1,5 hectares, divided between Nebbiolo, Barbera and Dolcetto, in the località San Giovanni, which is situated in the area of some of Monforte’s best known Crus. All wines are of great structure, with freshness, elegance and longevity.
- You will be welcomed by Gianfranco Allesandria personally and will get a tour of the winery, the wineyards and a wine tasting with the winemaker and Sommelier Dani to learn more about excellent wines and the correct tasting of wine.
- An excuisite lunch with a beautiful wine will be served in the Locanda nel Borgo, a restaurant megnificently set inmidst of the vineyards.
- The afternoon starts with a short drive to the Poderi Aldo Conterno, a wine maker with an old family tradition in wine making.
The farmhouse is situated in Bussia, in the village Monforte d’Alba, which is the very heart of the typical area of Barolo wine. At present, the farm, which vinifies exclusively its own grapes, consists of about 25 hectares of vineyard. Most of the ground, which is at an altitude of about 400 m above the sea level, is located South South-West and it is made of more or less compact sand layers of grey-brown colour alternated with white and bluish calcareous marls. The fermentation occurs in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature. Barolo wine ages only inside big traditional Slavonian oak casks, while the other wines age inside French oak barriques.
The cru vineyards (Romirasco, Cicala and Colonnello) located in Bussia of Monforte d’Alba, portray the real expression of Langa terroir. The wine of these cru gives itself with firm determination by playing on the most classical elements of Nebbiolo vine and its spicy notes give a crystal idea of the uniqueness of this soil.
- You will have an interesting tour with Aldo Conterno personally and will learn more about best Barolo wines.
- Dinner and wine at Osteria Veglio
Oovernight stay at Il Boscareto Resort & Spa.
Day 6: Piedmont – visit of the winery Cascina Val del Prete and Mauro Veglio
- Today Dani Calviyour sommelier will take you to one of the most beautiful wine areas in the Piedmont – to the Valle del Prete (region Roero) where the best white wines from the Arneis grape are grown.
- The wine maker will welcome you at Cascina Val del Prete and will provide you very exclusively an insight into his cellars with a guided tour and wine tasting.
- Lunch at Ristorante il Centro, run by the Cordero family. Served will be Piedmontaise specialities and wines from the region – the wine maker is happy to join for lunch and to discuss with bout the winemaking.
- In the afternoon your sommelier will take you to the winery of Mauro Veglio, one of the most talented winemakers in the Piedmont.
Unlike the tendency of contemporary philosophy production which means the same as manipulating nature, Mauro believes in natural systems of cultivation and vinification: he rejects the use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides in his vineyards. This means that the quality of the wine is the result of the natural character of the vineyards, their soil composition and microclimatic differences determining the maturity of the individual vintages. The result is the authentic essence of his “terroir” in a glass, four different Crus of Barolo.
- You enjoy a guided tour of the cellars and the wineyards by Mauro Veglio personally and accompaned by Dani Calvi.
- A real Piedmontaise dinner is served at Osteria La Morra, a dinner experience of the finest!
Another night at Il Boscareto Resort & Spa
Day 7: Piedmont – Milan or Zurich
- You have a private transfer to Milan for departure or for another overnight stay at Milan or can have a return drive to Zürich. The driver is available for transfers.
End of the tour
Rates all inclusive*:
The price includes:
- Program as stated
- Personal welcome at Zurich airport and transfer to Hotel Dolder Grand, Zurich
- Champagne welcome at Dolder Grand
- Personal English speaking driver and limousine or van available throughout the tour
- 2 nights at luxury Hotel Dolder Grand, Zurich, double room for single use
- 2 nights at Luxury Hotel Eden Roc, Ascona, double room for single use
- 3 nights at Luxury Hotel Il Boscareto Resort & Spa, Serralunga d’Alba, double room for single use
- Buffet breakfast in the Hotels or on request room service
- Selected Gourmet Dinner at the Restaurant “Fine Dining” of The Dolder Grand with a choice of selected wines
- Meeting with personal wine sommelier in Zurich and first introduction into the „World of Wines“
- Lunch with your wine sommelier at Gourmet Restaurant Bindella, Zurich served with some selected wines
- Exquisite dinner at Gourmet Restaurant Zurich Sein with yur wine sommelier, served with some selected wines
- Scenic transfer from Zurich to Ascona with personal driver (Limousine or van according to the number of persons in party)
- Lunch at Hotel Eden Roc, served with some selected wines from the region
- 7-course dinner highlight at Restaurant Seven in company with your wine sommelier, served with some selected wines from the region
- Scenic transfer in a modern car with private driver to the Piedmont, accompanied by your personal Sommelier
- Lunch in a Restaurant near Asti (recommended by your sommelier) served with a selection of regional wines
- Dinner at Restaurant La Rei in company with your sommelier, served with a selection of regional wines
- Exclusive visits of the wineries of Gianfrianco Alessandria, Poderi Aldo Conterno. You meet the wine makers personally for a guided tour and to get the opportunity to gather insight and knowledge from first hand about wine, its cultivation and proper tasting.
- Lunch at Locanda nel Borgo in company with your sommelier and a wine maker to deepen the learned and to have some nice talks about wine
- Dinner at Osteria Veglio in comapny with your sommelier served with some selected wines
- Exclusive visits at Cascina Val del Prete and the winery of Mauro Veglio, guided tour of the cellars, the wineyards and tasting of some exclusive wines.
- Lunch at Ristorante Il Centro in company with your sommelier and a wine maker to have some nice talks about the passion of wine making
- Fare well dinner at Osteria La Morra in company with your sommelier. Served will be specilities from the Piedmont with some exclusive local wines
- Private transfer from Serralunga to Milano Malpensa or to Zurich
- 3 exclusive wines as goodbye present out of the wine store of your sommelier
- All expenses of the sommelier and your driver
- Fuel, mileage, parking fees, road tolls in Italy
- Porter service, gratuities
- Vat and Taxes
- Air fares, travel to/from Switzerland or Milan
- Extras in the Hotels, Bar, Mini Bar, special Wellness treatments, etc.
- Other meals or beverages than offered and mentioned at „Included“
- Other transportation than with SwissSafari or of not offered
- Room upgrades
Dates of tours May / June / July (exact dates on request)
Once the date is booked, the itinerary and length of the tour can be customised. We reserve the right to change the itinerary, the rate and the Hotels
Full payment at booking by wire transfer