Day by-day-itinerary Motorcycle tour
Day 1: Arrival Zurich – welcome
Wiht pleasure I will welcome you personally at the airport Zurich. Private transfer to the Hotel Dolder Grand for check-in. Champagne welcome and information about the tour.
Today is free to relax and to recuperate from the flight. You have a car and personal driver/guide at your disposal for transfers and sightseeing.
Accommodation is booked at luxury Hotel Dolder Grand
Day 2: Zurich – St. Moritz
You meet me in the morning in the Hotel. Check-out. The driver will care about the luggage.
Transfer to get the motorcycles and on request to rent/buy the right motorcycle suits and helmets. Short instruction about the Swiss traffic laws. Before noon is departure towards the Eastern part of Switzerland.
The route will lead us on safe roads through beautiful sceneries. We cross the bends of Julier mountain pass, one of the highlights of the day before we arrive in th eEngiadin and at St. Moritz for our first night stay
Accommodation is provided at the luxury resort Badrutts Palace or Grand Hotel Kempinski.
Lunch en route – We will enjoy the dinner together to discuss the day.
Day 3: St. Moritz – 3 mountain passes – Ascona
We leave after breakfast.
Today the route will lead us over winding roads and hair pin bends over 3 mountain passes and along deep blue lakes. Beautiful sceneries! Lunch break with great views! We have a short drive along Lake Como (break for a real Italian Cappuccino!), which is in Italy and arrive late afternoon or evening in the charming town Ascona. Ascona is beautifully set on the sunny shores of Lake Maggiore.
Accommodation is provided at luxury resort Eden Roc or Hotel Giardino – free for dinner
Day 4: Ascona – free or excursion with Carmen
Today is a free day in Ascona where you can stroll through the narrow cobbled alleys and enjoy the „dolce far niente“! Fine food, shopping, Golfing, renting a boat, going for sightseeing with the guide or going on a free ride is the todays plan.
But you are very welcome to join me for a ride to the beautiful valleys hidden for many tourists and a scenic rode around lake maggiore woth a ferry boat crossing the lake. Great places, winding roads, great views! Or visit the spectacular falcon show of the „Falconeria“ at Locarno.
Free lunch – Dinner at Restaurant Easy where we meet to discuss the following day
Day 5: Ascona – Centovalli (Italy) – Simplon Paß – Gstaad – Interlaken
Today we depart earlier in the morning and enjoy a fantastic ride through the scenic Centovalli („a hundred valleys“) to Italy. The route offers a ride on narrow and winding roads with spectacular views into the gorge of the river Ticino. We arrive in Italy where we have a coffee break.
We croß the border to Switzerland and croß Simplon mountain pass on a good and wide road but offering great views! Lunch in the summit restaurant. A drive through the Obergoms and through the wine region of the Valais will bring us to Pillon mountain pass. A scenic drive on hidden paths (tarmac), passing by Gstaad will lead us to the Jungfrau region and to Interlaken where we arrive late afternoon.
Overnight stay at luxury Grand Hotel Victoria Jungfrau at Interlaken – free for dinner
Day 6: Interlaken – free time or Jungfrau Joch trip
Free time in Interlaken or sightseeing with Carmen. I am happy to take you up to the Jungfrau Joch – Top of Europe- to provide you with another highlight on this tour. On top we will hike the Glacier on a safe path and will have lunch in the mountain hut of Mönchsjoch, where the mountaineers stay overnight before they start with their high alpine tours. This is a real Alpine experience! I am also happy to organise a Paraglide ride, river rafting, another adventure event or a motorcycle tour.
Overnight stay at Interlaken – Swiss dinner included
Day 7: Interlaken – Grimsel Paß – Furka Paß – Schöllenen Gorge – Lucerne – Zurich
Today will be an unforgettable day as we will croß some of the highest and most spectacular mountain passes in Switzerland – Grimsel and Furka Pass. We will come eye to eye with glaciers, passing by deep gorges and waterfalls. A drive over a dam will just be another highlight!
Stops to take pictures and for lunch.
At Lucerne short stop to visit the beautiful old town before we drive on hidden paths to Zurich where a spectacular and memorable tour finds it’s good end. Motorbike return and transfer to the Hotel Dolder Grand for an overnight stay – Farewell dinner in the Garden Restaurant of Dolder Grand inclusive
Day 8: Zurich – and transfer to the airport for departure (or some more time in Zurich can be booked)
Rates and conditions:
From CHF 25’000.00 (on request)
Other rates on request
Motorcycles: Different Models, Types and categories are available (Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, Harley Davidson, Triumph, Enduro). We are happy to book the preferred model if available.
Driver / Drivers license / insurances / guarantee:
– Minimum age of the driver is 20 years
– International drivers license for motorcycles of the chosen category or a translation in english
– Accident- and repatriation insurance / Liability insurance
– A credit card guarantee and deposit of CHF 1’000.00 for dammage of motorcycle (cond. will be added)
- Program as described. Planning, organization, reservations
- Motorcycle rental of the chosen category for 5 days
- Fully comprehensive insurance on the motorbikes for 5 days
- Fuel, motorcycle services, oil, daily motorcycle check, etc.
- Luggage-/Service car which can also take passengers (modern Van), trailer for max. 2 motorbikes
- Personal car and driver for your arrival day and for airport transfer
- Zurich: 2 nights at luxury Hotel Dolder Grand, double room deluxe for single use
- St. Moritz: 1 night at luxury Hotel Badrutt’s Palace/Kempinski, double room deluxe for single use
- Ascona: 2 nights at luxury Hotel Eden Roc/Giardino, double room deluxe for single use
- Interlaken: 2 nights at luxury Grand Hotel Victoria Jungfrau, double room deluxe for single use
- All breakfasts in the Hotels
- Free use of the Hotels’ Spa
- Champagne welcome at Hotel Dolder Grand
- 4 x 3-course lunch (à la carte) for all participants in selected restaurants along the way, incl. non alcoholic beverages
- 4-course Engiadin Dinner in St. Moritz (à la carte), incl. beverages and selected wines
- 4-course Gourmet Dinner at Restaurant Easy at Ascona, incl. beverages and selected wines
- 4-course Swiss Dinner in a rural Swiss restaurant (à la carte), incl. beverages and selected wines
- 4-course Farewell Dinner at Gault Millau Garden Restaurant of the Dolder Grand (à la carte), incl. beverages and
- All transfers with the SwissSafari driver/guide, incl. airport transfer last day
- Tickets for the Jungfrau Joch and Alpine lunch at Mönchsjochhütte (if the weather does not allow a trip to there a lunch on Jungfrau Joch is included)
- All expenses for the group leader and service car driver
- 24 hr Hotline and service car available
- Soft drinks in the vehicle for the passengers
- Taxes and VAT
- Travel to/from Switzerland
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in “Included”
- Other beverages or meals than the selected ones for dinner and lunch, alcoholic beverages for lunch
- All admission fees and tickets on optional tours
- Transports other than those with SwissSafari or mentioned at “Included”
- Extras in the hotels, mini bar, special treatments in the Spa,
- Hotel/Room upgrade
- Rental of equipment (Helmets, leathers, etc.)
- Insurances/Repatriation insurance/Accident Insurance
- Full payment at booking by bank transfer (no checks or credit cards)
Do you want to ride your own motorcycle? We are happy to assist with formalities and transfers. Price on request!
Other destinations, other programs will gladly be offered!
Bad weather, snow, natural disasters or increased traffic may have an effect on the program. SwissSafari reserves the right to change the program. Price, program changes or booking of other Hotels are at the discretion of SwissSafari.